There can be numerous reasons for your extender not working. These can be easily diagnosed if you pay close attention to the problem. Now, we have planned this blog with the view to troubleshoot this problem. If you are also facing Netgear WiFi extender not working issue, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Check if you have enabled the SSID of your extender or not. If the extender SSID is hidden, then you won’t be able to connect any device to it. You can enable or disable the SSID from the Genie setup page.
- Go to mywifiext to access the settings of your existing extender.
- Check the distance between the router and the extender. If the distance is more than that of required, then you will get the problem in using the extender.
- Check the configuration part. Sometimes, configuring the extender with wrong settings may put you in trouble. You can confirm the settings either by reading on-screen instructions or by getting in touch with the experts.
- Check the frequency band selected on your extender. It must match with the one selected on your router.
- Update the firmware version of your extender to the latest one using the same mywifiext or 192.168.1.210 link.
If the problem continues, then the only way left out is to contact the experts who are reliable and have a thorough knowledge of every problem encountered on the extender.